Southwest Florida offers endless varieties and opportunities for family vacations, especially for children. From the abundant wildlife, sea life, and rich history to numerous educational and entertaining activities, Southwest Florida Insider recommends what to do in Southwest Florida when traveling with kids.
1. GOLISANO CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF NAPLES
For kid-friendly interactive learning, take the young ones to the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples (CMON). A 38,000 square-foot museum in the North Collier Regional Park in Naples, CMON features 12 family fun exhibit galleries and thousands of interactive experiences. From visiting foreign lands like Thailand, England, and Germany to becoming a farmer or engineer and climbing a giant banyan tree, this museum is dedicated to children’s play and discovery.
2. NAPLES ZOO AT CARIBBEAN GARDENS
A nationally accredited zoo and botanical garden, the Naples Zoo offers great insight into the importance of conservation and its steps to visitors. A full day of fun activities and witnessing species such as the giant anteater, honey badgers, and Florida panther makes this visit worth every effort.
3. LAKES REGIONAL PARK IN FORT MYERS
The 279-acre Lakes Regional Park in Fort Myers offers hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, birdwatching, or picnicking opportunities to its visitors. For kids, the rock climbing wall, playground, water feature playground (splash park), and the Miniature Railroad and Train Village make for an engaging day. The Lakes Regional Park also features restrooms, free wifi, Community Gardens, and a gorgeous ambiance of greenery and tranquility.
4. SUN-N-FUN LAGOON IN NAPLES
This family fun waterpark is a great way to stay cool during summers with its variety of water features for kids. This well-maintained waterpark features four pools, a lazy river, a splash playground, interactive water fountains, and five exciting water slides.
5. HOLIDAY WATER SPORTS IN FORT MYERS BEACH
Families may wonder what to do in Southwest Florida, but at Fort Myers Beach, they can find Holiday Water Sports and activities for every member of the family.
- The WaveRunner Dolphin Tours is a guided tour around Estero Island that allows visitors to see dolphins and other wildlife. Holiday Water Sports WaveRunner also offers jet skis that can accommodate single, double, and triple riders.
- Fort Myers Beach Parasailing, with its USCG certified licensed captain offers the longest flights on the island and features a free-fall dip! This family-fun experience can be captured by the boat crew on camera.
- Guided Kayak and Stand Up Paddle Board Tours offer kayaks for 90-minute guided tours through the mangroves, where visitors can see the manatees, dolphins, bald eagles, and other native Florida wildlife.
- Aqua Cycle Paddle Water Trikes offer the excitement of riding giant tricycles at full and half-hour rates – a favorite among kids.
- Fort Myers Beach Boat Rental offers powerboats that can accommodate up to 10 passengers, offering opportunities for fishing, sightseeing, and exploring.
6. SANIBEL-CAPTIVA CONSERVATION FOUNDATION IN FLORIDA
Travelers who are seeking to be close to nature can opt to visit this foundation for over four miles of nature trails, Nature Center And Butterfly House. The in-depth educational programs and nature walk at the conservation foundation on Sanibel Island are a must-see for families and nature lovers alike.
Why Southwest Florida Insider?
With the most insightful and carefully-curated content on the sights to see, events to attend, cuisines to try, places to stay, and exciting nightlife options, Southwest Florida Insider is where travelers can find all they need to know about Southwest Florida.
Southwest Florida Insider
1920 SE 33rd Ter
Cape Coral, FL 33904